It is day one of a healthier, smarter, and better you.
这是更健康、更聪明、更好的你的第一天。
You are full of zest and good intentions.
你充满活力和良好的意图。
You woke up at 5am to run before work.
你早上5点起床,在工作前跑步。
You read a book in your lunchbreak.
你在午餐休息时读了一本书。
You listened to an English podcast on your commute.
你在通勤路上听了一个英语播客。
Now, fast forward three months.
现在,快进三个月。
Life is getting in the way, and you have slipped into old habits.
生活变得繁忙,你又回到了旧习惯。
You are snoozing your alarm and eating chocolate for breakfast.
你按掉闹钟,早餐吃巧克力。
Do not be hard on yourself.
不要对自己太苛刻。
It is unrealistic to rely on willpower alone.
仅仅依靠意志力是不现实的。
As James Clear, author of the bestselling book 'Atomic Habits', writes, "The problem is not you.
正如畅销书《原子习惯》作者詹姆斯·克利尔所写:“问题不在于你。”
The problem is your system."
问题在于你的系统。”
Our habits come from goals, so start by getting really clear.
我们的习惯源于目标,所以首先要明确目标。
Goals, according to George T Doran, should be SMART: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound.
根据乔治·T·多兰的说法,目标应该是SMART的:具体的、可衡量的、可实现的、相关的和有时限的。
It is not enough to say, "I will exercise more" – that is too vague!
仅仅说“我会多运动”是不够的——那太模糊了!
A SMART goal would be "I am going to walk for 20 minutes in the evenings on weekdays."
一个SMART目标可以是“我将在工作日的晚上散步20分钟。”
Now you have a clear action that you can stick to.
现在你有了一个可以坚持的明确行动。
Once you are clear on your goals, you need to make the associated habits as automatic as possible.
一旦明确了目标,你需要让相关习惯尽可能自动化。
Try 'habit stacking', a technique popularised in the book 'Atomic Habits', which involves attaching a new habit onto something you already do regularly.
尝试“习惯叠加”,这是《原子习惯》书中推广的一种技巧,涉及将新习惯附加到你已经在定期做的事情上。
For example, if you already make coffee every morning, use that moment to read your book for 20 minutes.
例如,如果你每天早上已经煮咖啡,利用那个时刻阅读20分钟的书。
That way, your new reading habit is now intertwined with something you are going to do anyway.
这样,你的新阅读习惯就与你无论如何都会做的事情交织在一起。
Another key strategy is to reward yourself, to transform the habit from a chore into something pleasurable.
另一个关键策略是奖励自己,将习惯从苦差事转变为愉快的事情。
If it is hard to get yourself to the gym, promise yourself that after each visit, you will allow yourself a treat – a takeaway meal or an episode of your favourite TV show.
如果很难让自己去健身房,承诺自己每次去后,给自己一个奖励——一份外卖或一集最喜欢的电视节目。
Even with our best intentions and a great system, stress and interruptions to your routine like social events can still make keeping habits feel like an uphill battle.
即使有最好的意图和出色的系统,压力和日常生活中的干扰(如社交活动)仍可能让保持习惯感觉像一场艰苦的战斗。
If or when you have setbacks, accept it as part of the process.
如果或当你遇到挫折时,接受它作为过程的一部分。
Life is full of spontaneity and uncertainty – one could argue that is what keeps it interesting!
生活充满自发性和不确定性——有人可能会说这正是让生活有趣的原因!
Use setbacks as a pause for reflection and review.
利用挫折作为反思和回顾的暂停。
What about your system is working?
你的系统中哪些部分有效?
What is no longer serving you?
哪些不再对你有用?